Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bread Salad with Leak and Potato (ホロねぎとジャガイモの入ったパンサラダ)

I've been busy for sometime, and it's been for a while to cook !
As a rehabilitation session, I made a salad with leak.
So far, I have not been able to connect "Leak" with "Poireau" onion in France.
I liked boiled Poireau with creamy vinegrette when I was in France, but since we don't have leaks in Japan, I haven't had it for a while even in French restaurants in Japan.. We have white long onion which looks thin leak, but its taste is very strong like regular yellow onion.
I woke up with hunger this morning, and started browsing my fridge. While I was browsing left overs, I suddenly notice that I can use Leak in stead of Poireau ! However, in the end, they are exactly same thing.. It's just funny that I haven't noticed for such a long time.. 
Anyways, here it is. 
I microwaved sweet Yucon Gold potato, boiled leaks, and toasted diced Ciabatta bread with olive oil and garlic.  Then, I tossed them with cream dressing. It was delicious !

 

1 comment:

  1. This is funny indeed.

    Do note that it's spelled "leek". Leaks are Wikileaks', or a plumber's, business. :-)

    ReplyDelete