Friday, April 15, 2011

Yellow and Orange Turnip Salad (黄色と橙カブのサラダ)

These turnips are really great. I had turnip salad in two different restaurants around San Francisco, and I really love the taste of both of them. I was initially thinking, it must be the salad dressing which makes the dish so tasty, but then the distinctive flavor seems to be from turnip itself when I remember the taste.
so, I decided to give me a try to cook it by myself to know the actual taste of turnips.
I found some of good grocery stores actually are selling them, but they don't look so attractive. That's why I've never got it before.
I went home, and microwaved them till it got soft, and left them till they cooled down.
I pealed and diced them, and mix with lemon juice, mayonnaise, and salt/pepper.
It tasted sooo good just as it is ! and most of all, it looks cute when I put both yellow and orange ones. Happy Cooking- :)

No comments:

Post a Comment