Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cantonese Rice Polledge (Congee)

I finally did it !!!
I have tried this dish so many times in the past, and I've never got the characteristic creamy texture and flavor till today.
It's again chemical reaction between oil and rice starch. As I wrote before, one sort of tastiness comes from reaction between oil and starch such as white sauce, fried potato, etc...

How to make:
1: Marinate one cup of rice in oil for a day
2: Maximally boil a big pot of water, and add rice in it.
3: Don touch for 30min while you keep maximum strength of heat. During this process, surface of rice is heated up more than 100deg-C thanks to oil coating rice, and rice grain burst.
4: Mix from bottom and boil further while adding more water if it's necessary.
5: Serve with your favorite garnish. I added pidan ( blackened egg), green onion, and chinese pickles.

No comments:

Post a Comment