Friday, August 13, 2010

Pâté au Poulet ( Chicken Liver Pate)

I love pate, and have been buying pate from shops up til now.
It turned out to be one of the easiest dish I've ever made.
It is wonderful that I have a lot of control in how much butter I add,
what sort of spice I add, and most of all I can make sure chicken liver look fine.

How to make:
1: wash liver and remove strange looking ones, and remove all the fat and strings.
2: chop liver into small pieces and soak into milk more than 30min which will remove smell from liver.
3: saute garlic and your favorite vegetable in a pan. I used celery, carrot and onion.
4: When all the vegetables are browned, add chopped liver.
5: Saute till outside of liver is cooked, and add whiskey or any alcohol you like.
6: Keep mixing till liver is cooked, but not over cooked. Most of recipe says till inside is slightly pink.
7: Put contents of the pan to mixer, and blend it while putting some butter, salt and pepper.
8: Taste it and adjust amount of butter, salt and pepper.
9: Keep in a container and put plastic wrap otherwise surface will turn to be unhealthy color.
French people put lard on it to prevent this oxidization.
10: Have it with something tangy and slice of baguette.

No comments:

Post a Comment